Sunday, February 20, 2011

Don't Hit On Me

You think I'm pretty. I get it. I appreciate it. Everyone loves a little ego boost. But there is a time and a place for such things. Not work. Today's post is a dialogue between yours truly and a young man who just didn't get it.

(A boy approach my stand)
Boy: Hey cutie, how you doin'?
Me: Hi, welcome to the store. I'm quite well. How are you?
Boy: Better now. You got a great smile.
Me: Thank you. Have you tried --
Boy: So uh, you got an old man?
Me: ... a dad?
Boy: Nah, boo. A boyfriend, you know. An old man.
Me: Uhhh... this isn't really appropriate ...
Boy: So how 'bout I holla at you sometime?

pause. i don't care who you are. don't say you're going to 'holla' at a me. i will emasculate you. and probably enjoy it. okay unpause.

Me: No.
Boy: What's wrong, babe? Ain't I cute?
(strike one)
Me: I'm working. Excuse me.
Boy: We can get some dinner, a movie, you know. Whatever you want. You party?
(strike two)
Me: No. Please leave.
Boy: C'mon, girl. You look like the party type and I'm only in town for a few days. What's ya number?
(strike three)

he's out.

Me: Look. You haven't introduced yourself and no one "holla"s at me. No one with good intentions like 'watching a movie,' anyway; so either you think I'm easy or you're fake.


He left without another word.


Lesson: Just because I'm pretty doesn't mean I'm arm candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment