Sunday, February 27, 2011

Witness Protection Post

I know some of the stuff I write seems outlandish. Impossible. BUT! I have a witness now.

During one particularly slow day at work, my friend MD came to visit. For four hours. Talk about awesome. Actually, we talked about a lot. Most of the time he just stood there, pretending to be really interested in the cereal beside me (which I wasn't selling) while I talked to customers, but it was pretty cool of him to waste his whole day in the store with me.

Anyway. All those stupid little things that I write about -- the drive-by samplers, the people who come up on their phones and act like I'm rude -- MD totally knows they're real. He witnessed it all. And commented when he knew things were going to happen. Like the customers he just felt would pick up one sample only put it down and take another.

AND THE PARENTS. There was a little boy who came up for a sample. Since he was obviously under 13, I had to tell him he needed his parents with him. At that moment, another couple came up so I started talking to them. A few seconds later a woman flew in from whoknowswhere, snatched a sample, and walked off. MD filled me in when the couple left, saying that the woman was the mother of the boy I'd just turned away. Apparently he went back to her empty handed and the mother exclaimed, "what she wouldn't give you one?" before she came up and took a cup. (Joke's on her ... she grabbed the jalepeno flavored sample. I would have told her if she wasn't so rude.)

We had a new experience that day as well. The following picture was taken by MD since I couldn't have my phone out. The two bags shown are the exact same product: brand, flavor, bag size ... it's all the same. Look closely! The serving sizes are identical, but the calories vary, the sodium levels don't match, and though you can't see it very well in this picture, the ingredients aren't the same either. We didn't get a picture of it but the fronts of the bags were different as well. They're almost the same color, but the designs on the front are different. We decided that the differences in the bags were based on the expiration dates. Apparently products vary based on when they were made.

MD also wasted a pretty decent amount of time in McDonald's with me so I could eat my parfait and Shamrock Shake without looking like a lonely loser.

Thanks MD :) Visit again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment